To develop promising economic opportunities using innovation, local resources, and a positive spirit that will promote the quality of life and guarantee the vibrancy of our area.
A Message from the Director
Even though Floydada is a small farming community, major opportunities exist for entrepreneurial ventures and new industrial sites. The Floydada EDC can help provide land for new industrial development at rates competitive with major cities and industrial centers. Floydada is located on a major US highway that will allow for easy shipping of your products all over the country.
Floydada and Floyd County have also become a prime location for renewable energy. The CREZ and XCEL energy transmission lines can disperse not only wind but solar and natural gas power where it is needed most. Several wind farms have already been constructed with more on the way that have already taken advantage of our location.
We can also proved incentives and assistance to help your business grow. State Law allows the Floydada EDC, a Type B Corporation, to pay for land, buildings, equipment, facilities, and targeted infrastructure and improvements for:
- professional and amateur sports and athletic facilities, tourism and entertainment facilities, convention facilities and public parks;
- related store, restaurant, concession, parking and transportation facilities;
- related street, water and sewer facilities; and
- affordable housing.
We can also fund:
- public safety facilities;
- recycling facilities;
- streets, roads, drainage, and related improvements;
- demolition of existing structures; and
- maintenance and operating costs associated with projects